September 14, 2018 | All Blogs, Recipes, Menus, and Wine Pairings | Adelaida Team
Recipe: Rosemary Beef Tenderloin with Blackberry Sauce
- 8 green asparagus stalks
- 8 baby carrots
- 4 fingerling potatoes
- 1 10 ounce box blackberries
- 8 ounces butter, divided
- 2 shallots, diced, plus 6 more, cut in half
- 4 beef tenderloins, 8 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 ounces vegetable stock
- 4 sprigs thyme, for garnish
- 4 sprigs rosemary, for garnish
- Clean asparagus, carrots and potatoes. Peel carrots and potatoes. In pot over medium heat, cook blackberries with butter and the diced shallots. Simmer for 5 minutes, until soft. Remove pot from heat. Once cool, place mixture into blender and purée. Once blended, strain through a sieve and set aside.
- Bring medium-sized pot of salted water to boil. Cook asparagus, carrots and potatoes for 4–5 minutes. Transfer to bowl of cold water filled with ice to halt cooking. Drain the vegetables and reserve.
- In pot over medium-high heat, sear remaining shallot halves with 2 ounces of butter and sugar. When caramelized, add vegetable stock and set aside.
- Heat remaining butter in pan, and sear beef tenderloin. For medium-rare, cook 4 minutes per side. Remove from pan. Add vegetables to same pan, searing for approximately 1 minute.
- Dress each plate with blackberry coulis and vegetables, placing beef on top. Garnish with thyme and rosemary. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Wine Enthusiast