September 16, 2020 | All Blogs, Wine Club Selections | Adelaida Team
Fall Signature 3 Bottle Tasting Notes
We would like to thank all of our members for their continued patronage. Listed are the wines featured in the fall 2020 allocation.
2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Signature, Viking Estate Vineyard
- a sumptuous example of mountain grown Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine exhibits lively aromas of huckleberry and blueberry, along with fresh cedar and Christmas baking spices. There is no need to wait to drink this wine but with an aging potential of 15 years, patience will be rewarded as the wine blossoms into full maturity. Drink through 2031.
- AROMA: Crushed huckleberry/blueberry mélange, cinnamon stick, cedar incense
- FLAVOR: Mixed berry, cinnamon-nutmeg-vanilla spices, cedarwood plank
- FOOD PAIRINGS: Cast-iron sautéed hanger steak with shallots and shitake mushrooms; honey-soy baked chicken thighs
2015 Anna’s Red Signature, Anna’s Estate Vineyard
- Showing an immediacy of lusciousness, a swirled glass exhibits a huckleberry pie and sweet cedar, lavender and cinnamon stick, transitioning to flavors of violet tinctured cherry/red-plum compote complexed by savory herb, baking spices and a hint of meat carving juices. The intermingling of juicy ripeness and tangy natural fruit acidity gives the wine a vibrant finishing flourish. Enjoy now through 2023.
- AROMA: Red plum tart, liqueur de cassis, sweet cedar, lavender, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- FLAVOR: Violet tinctured cherry-red plum compote, baking spices, thyme infused meat juices.
- FOOD PAIRINGS: Rosemary braised lamb shanks; chicken with 40 cloves of garlic; hearty winter root vegetable stew
2016 Syrah Signature, Anna’s Estate Vineyard
- This wine shows deep colors of purple almost leaning to black with a nose reminiscent of black pepper, cassis and campfire smoke. The palate brings the meaty characteristics of the wine to light, also showing tobacco, dark chocolate and notes of rich boysenberry pie. This wine has great aging potential, drinkable now for its pure fruit concentration, yet will reward patience. Enjoy now through 2029.
- AROMA: Black pepper, cassis, campfire, plum marmalade
- FLAVOR: Boysenberry pie, dark chocolate shavings, tobacco
- FOOD PAIRINGS: Red wine braised beef Ragù with Pappardelle; Za’atar spiced porkchops with demi-glace thyme mushrooms; Pomegranate glazed Quail