February 3, 2020 | Adelaida Team
2020 Spring Signature Club 6 Bottle Tasting Notes
6 Bottle Selection
2016 Twenty Three Twenty Signature, Proprietary Blend
- Syrah 28%, Cabernet Sauvignon 23%, Mourvedre 22%, Petite Sirah 15%, Zinfandel 12%
- Our member-exclusive blend, Twenty Three Twenty expresses a bold aroma of pipe tobacco and coffee, with nuances of dark cherry and cedar. The aromas balance with a smooth palate of black currant, sarsaparilla, and pomegranate. These flavors will evolve and develop with proper storage. Drink through 2026.
- Aroma: Cocoa, sarsaparilla, cedar box, coffee, black cherry, pipe tobacco
- Flavor: Ripe blackberry, cocoa powder, black currant
- Food Pairings: Spinach and mozzarella stuffed meatloaf; herb spiced prime rib roast with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted carrots
2017 Cabernet Sauvignon/Syrah Signature, Two Vineyard Blend
- 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 50% Syrah
- These two powerhouse grapes combine their best properties in this wine: Cabernet’s firm structure and distinctive blackcurrant fruit with Syrah’s hearty, broad textures and fleshy savoriness. The two estate vineyards come together to show the precision and high toned fruit aromatics that are possible in the hills of the Adelaida District. This wine exudes cocoa powder and stewed Bing cherries, with hints of lavender and California Chaparral. On the palate, cassis shows through but is softened by notes of Kona coffee and brown sugar. This will age beautifully. Drink through 2027.
- Aroma: Saddle leather, Cocoa powder, lavender essential oil
- Flavor: Cherry and dark chocolate, roasted Kona coffee beans, brown sugar
- Food Pairings: Classic beef bourguignon; rosemary lamb chops; ratatouille
2015 Nebbiolo Signature, Glenrose Vineyard
- Due to the extended aging in neutral barrels, Nebbiolo tends to show a more mature color than most red wines. In the glass, the wine is brick red, with a burnt orange rim. It shows off a bright bouquet of orange blossom, clove, and fresh pomegranate while a medley of baked cranberry and river stones coincide on the palate. Drink now, or cellar until 2025.
- Aroma: Burnt orange peel, Thai basil, wet concrete
- Flavor: Pomegranate, stewed cranberry, clove
- Food Pairings: Slow roasted beef shoulder ragu with Parmigiano Reggiano, fig, and walnut
2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Signature, Viking Vineyard
- This wine is a deep bluish-red with a violet perfume revealing the purity of just-picked mountain blueberries and blackberries accented by vanilla, white chocolate, and sweet cedar. Aeration or decanting is recommended for current drinking revealing further aromatic complexity, expanding the range of mid-palate layers and exposing a smorgasbord of liqueur-like blue-black fruits, cocoa, and toasty notes. A wine with solid bone structure, drink now through 2030.
- Aroma: Violets, the bouquet of a basket full of mountain berries, cocoa, sweet cedar, cinnamon stick
- Flavor: Blueberries and blackberries just off the vine, fine-grain tannins, white chocolate, vanilla
- Food Pairings: Rosemary-peppercorn crusted beef rib roast with porcini jus, grilled lamb chops with blackberry pan sauce and roasted root vegetables, rolled pork loin roast stuffed
2014 Syrah Signature, Viking Vineyard
- The wine has an exotic blueberry patch, lavender-violet perfume transitioning to layered flavors of cured meat, white pepper, thyme, coffee extract, and rich cocoa. Very generous and supple textured, it is somewhat primary now and will develop complexity with aging. Enjoy through 2024.
- Aroma: Crushed blueberries, plum pudding, violets, Rolls Royce leather, campfire smoke, damp earth
- Flavor: English plum and meat pudding, coffee extract, paprika/cocoa rub
- Food Pairings: Beef short ribs braised in red wine and herbs; cinnamon rubbed lamb stewed with prunes, almonds, raisins, and pears; roast guinea hen with cracked pepper, thyme, and garlic
2015 Cabernet Franc Signature, Viking Vineyard
- This vintage shows multiple layers of bouquet ranging from rose petal and violet to pencil shavings and cedarwood. Blackberry preserves round out the nose and lead to a balanced palate expressing tart cherry, ground black pepper, and anise. This wine is drinkable now but shows potential for aging. Enjoy now through 2026.
- Aroma: Rose petals, Cedarwood, blackberry preserves, Ground black pepper
- Flavor: Bing cherry, Anise, Creamy mushroom soup
- Food Pairings: Garlic and rosemary whole roasted chicken; veal tournedos with green peppercorns
Signature Library Collection
For the first time, Adelaida is exclusively offering its club members an additional set of 3 perfectly cellared Signature wines. These wines can be added to your shipment (though not individually), and offer the chance to build your own collection of our most sought after and least accessible vintages. Add to your shipment to waive your shipping fee.
2013 Cabernet Franc Signature, Viking Vineyard
- With elegant fine tannins, the wine is a patrician to cabernet sauvignon’s machismo, moving from violets to flavors of pomegranates, blueberries, graphite, and tea. Will benefit from additional aging. Enjoy now through 2023.
- Aroma: Violets, cranberries, cedar spice, black tea, graphite shavings
- Flavor: Red plum, pomegranates, blue fruit, fine black tea, green peppercorns
- Food Pairings: Venison medallions with green peppercorn sauce, grilled game hens with lemon, sumac and date relish, bistro steak with Portobello frites
2013 Cabernet Sauvignon / Syrah Signature, Viking Vineyard
- 61% Cabernet Sauvignon, 39% Syrah
- Characterized by its gush of succulent fruit, there is an immediacy to this wine: chocolate-dipped mulberries, high gloss blackberry fruitiness, and sweet holiday spice come to mind. Drink now through 2023.
- Aroma: Ripe black cherries, blackberries, cocoa, nutmeg
- Flavor: Creamy texture, blackberry pie, hazelnut coffee, Swiss dark chocolate
- Food Pairings: Korean style beef short ribs and scallions, grilled pork tenderloin and fig skewers, Jamie Oliver’s Insanity Burger
2014 Mourvèdre Signature, Anna's Vineyard
- Its flavor captures a quality of underbrush and wild herbs. At its core, this wine delivers red currants, enveloped with a sense of dried thyme and wild game continuing to a prolonged spice box finish. Drink now through 2022.
- Aroma: Redcurrant, dried underbrush, and sweet spiced cherries
- Flavor: Redcurrant jelly, deep red flowers with thyme and spiced box notes
- Food Pairings: Braised leg of venison with fall vegetables
A selection of wines that can be added to the Spring Signature shipment. Add three bottles to your shipment to waive your shipping fee.
2018 Chardonnay, HMR Vineyard
- The aromatics are well rounded and abundant with hints of Meyer lemon tart, roasted marshmallow, and peach blossom. Once sipped you can expect subtle, yet significant nuances of candied lemon zest, nutmeg, and buttered popcorn all balanced by a naturally occurring acidity that will allow for lengthy aging. Drink now through 2023.
- Aroma: Meyer lemon tart, sea spray, roasted marshmallow, Asian pear, Chamomile tea
- Flavor: Candied lemon peel, nutmeg, buttered popcorn
- Food Pairings: Seared scallops on a bed of sweet corn, tomato & bacon succotash
2017 Pinot Noir, HMR Vineyard
- This Pinot Noir shows a heartier side than previous vintages. It is fruit-forward with smooth tannin and crisp acidity. Classically representing aromas of Bing cherry, black raspberry, cranberry, and baking spices. This is coupled with flavors of earthy blackberry, showcasing light oak and a dry fresh finish. Drink now through 2023.
- Aroma: Spiced cranberry, vanilla extract, black pepper
- Flavor: Bing cherry, blackberry, nutmeg, and vanilla
- Food Pairings: Roasted pork loin with herbs and fennel; filet mignon carpaccio; wild mushroom and burrata bruschetta
2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Signature, Viking Vineyard
- No youthful tannins here, the wine is immediately accessible with the succulence of ripe blackberries lightly dusted with fresh ground peppercorns, faintly hinting of blackcurrant leaf, all complemented by mouth-coating flavors of creamy Swiss chocolate, vanilla, and cedarwood shavings. Reflecting the vintage this is a current drinking wine that speaks of its breeding yet can be enjoyed in the near term. Drink now through 2025.
- Aroma: Ripe blackberries dusted with freshly ground peppercorns, sweet chocolate nibs, and tobacco
- Flavor: Ripe blackberries and cocoa powder with blackcurrant and hints of freshly cut cedar
- Food Pairings: Pan-seared Filet Mignon with green peppercorn crème fraîche; broiled chicken thighs with smoked paprika and ratatouille