September 1, 2019 | All Blogs, Recipes, Menus, and Wine Pairings | Adelaida Team
Recipe: Braised Beef Short Ribs
- 6 (about 4 lbs.) bone-in short ribs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 white onion (diced)
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Season all sides of the short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy, oven-safe pot over high heat. Add in olive oil and allow to heat briefly. Sear short ribs in olive oil, about 1 minute per side. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add in onion and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Add in garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Pour in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a simmer. Add in meat. Place a rosemary sprig on top.
- Cover and transfer to the preheated oven for about 2.5 hours, until meat is tender.
Note: Don't have an oven-safe pot? You can let it simmer, covered, in a regular pot on the stove for 2.5 hours.