April 13, 2019 | All Blogs, Recipes, Menus, and Wine Pairings | Kasey Martin
"Adult" Gilled Cheese
2017 Pinot Noir, HMR Vineyard
- 2 slices focaccia bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2/3 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 slices tomato
- ½ cup arugula
- 3 thin slices of red onion
- Spread butter on the outside pieces of the focaccia. Assemble cheese, prosciutto, tomato, arugula and red onion onto sandwich.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Add the sandwich, then press a heavy pan on top to weigh it down.
- Cook the sandwich for 4 minutes per side, or until golden and crispy. Serve immediately.