September 16, 2020 | All Blogs, Wine Club Selections | Adelaida Team
Fall Signature 6 Bottle Tasting Notes
We would like to thank all of our members for their continued patronage. Listed are the wines featured in the fall 2020 allocation.
2016 Cabernet Sauvignon Signature, Viking Estate Vineyard
- This wine is a sumptuous example of mountain-grown Cabernet Sauvignon. This wine exhibits lively aromas of huckleberry and blueberry, along with fresh cedar and Christmas baking spices. There is no need to wait to drink this wine but with an aging potential of 15 years, patience will be rewarded as the wine blossoms into full maturity. Drink through 2031.
- AROMA: Crushed huckleberry/blueberry mélange, cinnamon stick, cedar incense
- FLAVOR: Mixed berry, cinnamon-nutmeg-vanilla spices, cedarwood plank
- FOOD PAIRINGS: Cast-iron sautéed hanger steak with shallots and shitake mushrooms; honey-soy baked chicken thighs
2015 Anna’s Red Signature, Anna’s Estate Vineyard
- Showing an immediacy of lusciousness, a swirled glass exhibits a huckleberry pie and sweet cedar, lavender and cinnamon stick, transitioning to flavors of violet tinctured cherry/red-plum compote complexed by savory herb, baking spices, and a hint of meat carving juices. The intermingling of juicy ripeness and tangy natural fruit acidity gives the wine a vibrant finishing flourish. Enjoy now through 2023.
- AROMA: Red plum tart, liqueur de cassis, sweet cedar, lavender, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- FLAVOR: Violet tinctured cherry-red plum compote, baking spices, thyme-infused meat juices.
- FOOD PAIRINGS: Rosemary braised lamb shanks; chicken with 40 cloves of garlic; hearty winter root vegetable stew
2016 Syrah Signature, Anna’s Estate Vineyard
- This wine shows deep colors of purple almost leaning to black with a nose reminiscent of black pepper, cassis, and campfire smoke. The palate brings the meaty characteristics of the wine to light, also showing tobacco, dark chocolate, and notes of rich boysenberry pie. This wine has great aging potential, drinkable now for its pure fruit concentration, yet will reward patience. Enjoy now through 2029.
- AROMA: Black pepper, cassis, campfire, plum marmalade
- FLAVOR: Boysenberry pie, dark chocolate shavings, tobacco
- FOOD PAIRINGS: Red wine braised beef Ragù with Pappardelle; Za’atar spiced pork chops with demi-glace thyme mushrooms; Pomegranate glazed Quail
2016 Cabernet Franc Signature, Viking Estate Vineyard
- One of the genetic parents of Cabernet Sauvignon, this vintage of Cabernet Franc is wafting with hints of tobacco leaf, freshly tilled earth, graphite shavings, and dried violets. The palate is precise and focused, with flavors of sweet cedar, cigar box, eucalyptus, thyme, and dark stone fruit. Enjoy now through 2024.
- AROMA: Tobacco leaf, freshly tilled earth, jasmine, graphite, candied violet
- FLAVOR: Sweet cedar, cigar box, eucalyptus, thyme, pluot, smoked fruit
- FOOD PAIRINGS: Grilled Italian sausage with parmesan polenta; Pancetta wrapped pan-seared pork chops with green peppercorns
2013 Nebbiolo Signature, Glenrose Vineyards
- Nebbiolo gets its personality from extended barrel aging, softening the tannic edge, and adding secondary flavors to the primary rose and berry aromatics that are typical of this wine. Lots of floral, savory notes like dried rose petals, black tea, and sage with a burnt orange peel nuance. Drink now through 2022.
- AROMA: Cut roses, cherry skin, tree bark, forest floor, tobacco leaf
- FLAVOR: Red licorice, rose hips, hibiscus tea, turned soil, macadam
- FOOD PAIRINGS: Fettuccini finished in brown butter with parmesan and truffles; Bollito Misto; pancetta-wrapped roast turkey legs
2015 Twenty Three Twenty, Proprietary Blend
- Twenty Three Twenty expresses bold aromatics of ripe dark plums and 70% dark chocolate with secondary notes of paprika and tamari. The aromas yield to a smooth palate of plum and espresso. These flavors will evolve and develop for years. Drink through 2030.
- AROMA: Ripe dark plums, roasted red pepper skins, dark chocolate, paprika
- FLAVOR: Plum pudding, sweet espresso, blackening spices
- FOOD PAIRINGS: Maple-balsamic glazed roast pork tenderloin with grilled apples and onions; slow-roasted chicken thighs with adobo sauce