September 1, 2019 | All Blogs, Wine Club Selections | Adelaida Team
2019 Fall Signature Wine Club Selection
3 Bottle Selection
2017 Cabernet Sauvignon Signature, Viking Estate Vineyard
- No youthful tannins here, the wine is immediately accessible with the succulence of ripe blackberries lightly dusted with fresh ground peppercorns, faintly hinting of blackcurrant leaf, all complemented by mouth-coating flavors of creamy Swiss chocolate, vanilla, and cedarwood shavings. Reflecting the vintage this is a current drinking wine that speaks of its breeding yet can be enjoyed in the near term. Drink now through 2025.
- Aroma: Ripe blackberries dusted with freshly ground peppercorns, sweet chocolate nibs, and tobacco.
- Flavor: Ripe blackberries and cocoa powder with blackcurrant and hints of freshly cut cedar.
- Food Pairings: Pan-seared filet mignon with green peppercorn crème fraîche; broiled chicken thighs with smoked paprika and ratatouille.
2016 Anna’s Red Signature, Anna's Estate Vineyard
- Reminiscent of a basket of blueberries and blackberries, with a slight dusting of allspice and white pepper. The dense fruitiness of this wine is complex with hints of Herbs-de-Provence and an assortment of spices - vanilla bean, nutmeg & milk chocolate. It is ready to drink at this moment, but additional time will bring a softer texture and a multitude of additional flavors. Drink now through 2024.
- Aroma: Blackberries, blueberries, black plum, thyme, and white pepper.
- Flavor: Compote of ripe blackberries in a reduction of berry juices, Herbs-de-Provence, ground allspice, and milk chocolate.
- Food Pairings: Provencal pizza (garlic oil, fresh tomato slices, black olives, feta cheese), moussaka (Greek eggplant and ground lamb casserole), traditional Spanish paella with chicken, chorizo, and saffron.
2016 Mourvèdre Signature, Anna's Estate Vineyard
- In cuisine, demi-glace is a reduced bone broth that accompanies hearty meats like ribeye’s, or filet mignon. Our Mourvèdre has the essence of this ‘meatiness’. There are notes of black plums and black raspberries, then the sense of aromatic wild herbs and scrub brush. This is rounded out by rich notes of sweet oak and nutmeg, creating a wine that will pair with hearty fall meals. This wine is wound tightly with a fruit concentration and finishing length and is perfect to enjoy now, but has the ability to age into the future. Drink now through 2024.
- Aroma: Ripe black plums, the essence of grilled meat, wild-growing herbs, and sagebrush.
- Flavor: Black raspberry concentrate, rosemary-thyme-sage, and white pepper.
- Food Pairings: Orecchiette with pumpkin, pancetta & broccoli rabe, turmeric & allspice rubbed chicken breasts sauteed with baked apple slices; grilled sandwiches with bacon, and feta cheese & caramelized onions.
Additional 6 Bottle Selection
2013 Version Red, Anna's Estate Vineyard
- A Syrah dominant blend of Mourvèdre and Grenache, having a luscious complexity and firm tannins. Drink now through 2020.
- Aroma: bright cherry, ripe red plums, and fresh minerality.
- Flavor: brambly compote pie rounded out by black pepper and a velvety mouthfeel.
- Food Pairings: Pan-seared & butter-basted rib-eye steak, and pork loin roast with a fennel-garlic rub.
2015 Syrah Signature, Anna's Estate Vineyard
- Incredibly dense and impenetrable with cafe noir pigmentation the wine is a contrast between voluptuous silky textures and center-of-earth compaction reminiscent of a high-speed blend of blackberry and blueberry preserves, bacon, black olives, and smoked paprika spice. It remains precise and focused with bright natural fruit acidity further accented by violets, rosemary, and crushed peppercorns. Drink now through 2025.
- Aroma: Violets, crushed black plums, charcuterie, couscous spices, crushed green peppercorns, and sweet paprika.
- Flavor: Roasting meat juices, blackberries, black olives, hickory-smoked bacon.
- Food Pairings: Grilled leg of lamb rubbed with North African spice paste, Beef ribeye roast with crushed peppercorn crust, and venison osso-bucco with ancient Roman marinade.
2014 Cabernet Sauvignon Signature, Viking Estate Vineyard
- Harvested in late September from the best blocks, a small quantity of destemmed grapes were barrel fermented in new French oak on native yeast. Ultimately the “free run” finished wine was drawn off and matured for 20 months in a selection of French barrels representing a subtle mix of oaks from slow-growing northern forests. The wine shows a saturated fruitiness and plump texture with a sense of crystallized blackberries and melted licorice leading to a long finish accenting the mocha-like richness of fine cigar tobacco wrapper and graphite tinged soft tannins. Drink now through 2029.
- Aroma: Sweet mash-up of mulberries and blackberries, melted licorice, mocha, Cuban cigar, and spice box.
- Flavor: Penetrating dark berry fruitiness, Madagascar spice bazaar, and caffe mocha.
- Food Pairings: Cabernet braised venison cheeks, filet mignon with red wine enriched balsamic glaze, and gorgonzola topped sirloin burgers with sautéed sweet vidalia onions.
Additional Wines Offered with No Extra Shipping Charge!
2018 Chardonnay, HMR Vineyard
- The 2018 Chardonnay highlights the finesse of our HMR vineyard. The aromatics are well rounded and abundant with hints of meyer lemon tart, roasted marshmallow, and peach blossom. Once sipped you can expect subtle, yet significant nuances of candied lemon zest, nutmeg, and buttered popcorn all balanced by a naturally occurring acidity that will allow for lengthy aging. Drink now through 2023.
- Aroma: Meyer lemon tart, sea spray, roasted marshmallow, Asian pear, and chamomile tea.
- Flavor: Candied lemon peel, nutmeg, and buttered popcorn.
- Food Pairings: Seared Scallops on a bed of sweet corn, tomato and bacon succotash.
2017 Pinot Noir, HMR Vineyard
- The wine is sappy with a snap of fresh natural fruit acidity. The wine shows restrained energy, ultimately unwinding to reveal flavors of black cherries, earl grey tea, Asian spices, and sandalwood. This leads to a long, lush, voluminous finish of lifted dark fruit. Its current youthful ardor is embellished by aeration, drink now through 2025.
- Aroma: Black cherries, star anise, blueberries, earl grey tea, sandalwood incense, and “miniver” rose.
- Flavor: Black cherry/blueberry compote, earl grey tea, Chinese 5 spice, sandalwood, and miso paste.
- Food Pairings: Tomato, prosciutto and melted gruyere sandwiches, lightly seared salmon with roast Shiitakes and mushroom sauce, and chicken tikka masala with minted cucumber salad and garlic naan.
2016 Viking, Viking Estate Vineyard
- A textbook expression of mountain-grown grapes the wine is a laser beam of crisp-edged fruit purity, violet aromatics, and salivating flavors of just-picked black cherries and blueberries with crystalline minerality and finishing notes of extra dark chocolate and vanilla bean spices. Recommend decanting for current drinking, will move into a willowy congeniality in due time, developing silky textures and further integration of fruit and oak. Drink through 2030.
- Aroma: Violets, crème de cassis, black cherries, cedar, vanilla, and graphite minerality.
- Flavor: Just picked black cherries, blueberries, mocha, dark chocolate shavings, and vanilla bean spice.
- Food Pairings: North African style braised chicken with green olives and preserved lemon, Chinese style ribs with guava BBQ sauce, and grilled burgers with Argentinian parsley sauce.